|Type||International, Award, Open, Single-Stage, Anonymous|
|RegDeadline||9 April 2019 GoogleCal iCal|
|9 April 2019 (via Online)|
|Target Field||The project was completed in 2016 or later.|
Almost everyone knows that brick is one of mankind’s oldest and most durable building materials, with countless design possibilities and excellent energy efficiency properties. The competition puts this building material into the spotlight demonstrating how exciting, exceptional and modern architecture using brick can be.
The spectrum of applications ranges from building solutions using classic clay blocks, facing bricks and roof tiles to the creative application of clay pavers and ceramic façade panels. Special attention is thereby directed at the natural integration into the surroundings, efficient use of energy, resources and space, the character as well as the quality of the building itself and its lighting conditions.
Categories for nomination:
- Feeling at home: single-family houses, semi-detached houses and small housing projects of high architectural quality that provide comfortable, healthy & sustainable living spaces
- Living together: multi-family houses: innovative residential solutions taking into account the trends & challenges of urbanisation such as scarcity of space, social challenges and new living concepts
- Working together: comfortable, aesthetic and functional commercial buildings, offices and industrial buildings
- Sharing public spaces: comfortable, aesthetic and functional public buildings for education, culture & healthcare, public places and infrastructure projects
- Building outside the box: innovative concepts and ways of using brick, use of new construction technologies, special brickworks, custom-made bricks & new ornamentation
Not yet announced
For each of the category winner: € 5,000
For the Grand Prize (including category winner): € 7,000
The Grand Prize winner is chosen out of the category winners.