|Type||International, Idea/Project, Open, Single-Stage, Anonymous|
|Genre||Resort, Street-Furniture, Temporary-Structure|
|RegDeadline||30 September 2010 GoogleCal iCal|
|30 September 2010 (Must be Received)|
Subject of the Contract
Ideas and design proposals for temporary and easily removable seaside facilities, related to touristic and recreational services.
General and Specific Aims
In accordance with the requirements of the Regional Landscape Plan, the national and european standards and the guidelines for the preparation of municipal Plans for Coastal Exploitation, this public competition takes into account and recognises the particular vulnerability of border areas, urban periphery and transition zones of Sardinian coastline. It also aims to give a contribution to the preservation of the coastal resources and its ecological components, without affecting the existing delicate balance and the elements governing the coastal transformations, allowing, at the same time, an appropriate and consistent use of the resources.
The public competition identifies the coastline as a main resource for the regional economy, with the awareness that the need to protect this resource should lead to a careful and intelligent planning of services and facilities that exploit this resource.
To fully achieve this aim, the competition:
- requires direct involvement of suppliers in all research activities;
- promotes the participation of local populations and stakeholders in the planning process.
The specific purposes of the public competition are:
- improve accessibility and usability of the coastal system, leading to a sustainable development able to reduce the deterioration of the resource;
- regulate and control the human pressure on the beaches by reducing the physical-mechanical action;
- regulate and control all activities on sandy and pebbly coasts;
- diversify the touristic offer at local, county and regional level, while respecting cultural identity;
- organise coastal services and exploitation in relation to the territories with significant natural, rural or urban characteristics;
- promote energy independence of seaside facilities through employment of alternative energies integrated with the existing architecture;
- encourage innovation and technological excellence in designing contemporary seaside facilities;
- testing new design elements able to fit in with the existing context and to address the need for development, according to the evolution of human coastal exploitation.
- the General Director of Pianificazione Urbanistica Territoriale e della Vigilanza Edilizia or his nominee, Chairman;
- two experts in landscape planning, drawn from the General Directorate of Assessorato Enti locali, Finanze e Urbanistica;
- two external members appointed by the Region with proven experience in landscape, urban and architectural design.
1st place: €. 15,000
2nd place: €. 10,000
3rd place: €. 5,000
Ownership of Design Projects
All project material and copyright are ownership of the participants. Regione Sardegna will have full availability of the documentation, subject to the requirements set by the law.
Once the prize is payed for, the Regione Autonoma della Sardegna retains ownership of the winning proposals.
UNI format A1 (594 mm x 840 mm), etc.
Regione Autonoma della Sardegna, Assessorato Enti locali Finanze ed Urbanistica,
Direzione Generale della Pianificazione Urbanistica Territoriale e della Vigilanza Edilizia
Viale Trieste 186, 09123 CAGLIARI
Regione Autonoma della Sardegna