|Category||Project Competition / Open to Students|
|Type||International, Project, Open, Two-Stage|
|RegDeadline||21 May 2018 GoogleCal iCal|
|21 May 2018 (via Online)|
|Eligibility||Officially recognized professional architects, Architectural Firms or Architectural Students|
The mosque is to be designed as a large Iconic Mosque which will have capacity to hold regular daily prayers as well as Friday and Eid prayers.
• Dubai Creek Harbour total population: 175,000 pax
• Worshipper capacity: 7,500pax
• e roof of the Mosque should be utilized as an open prayer area that can
accommodates 2000 worshippers.
• Plot area: 18,504 sqm
• Max GFA: 9,750 sqm
• Max. Permissible levels: G+1
• e Mosque should be placed in line with the Creek Tower and Linear park axis
• e Main Prayer Hall should preferably be rectangular, such that the longer edge is
along the Qibla wall
• Adequate parking for the visitors to be provided in the basement level below the
mosque in accordance with authority regulations.
• e mosque plaza should be designed in a way that excess capacity of worshippers
can spill out in the plaza space during Friday/ Eid prayers if required. e plaza should also be designed so it can act as a public space & tourist place.
e mosque should as a minimum contain the key programmatic components required by Dubai Municipality for an Eid mosque including but not limited to:
• Segregated male and female prayer halls - 85% Male & 15% Female
• Ablution areas - 180 sqm
• Toilets - 180 sqm
• Library & Quran teaching rooms - 200 sqm
• Imam and Muathen quarters - 3 BHK (roughly 130 sqm)
• Ancillary functions such as Imam’s o ce, Admin, Storage - 300 sqm
• Outdoor spaces- Gardens/ contemplation areas
Not yet announced
The winning entry will also be invited to enter into a Design Contract to deliver the scheme.
Four shortlisted entries will receive USD 10,000/- each.