|Category||Idea Competition / Open to Students|
|Type||International, Fellowship, Open, Single-Stage, Onymous|
|RegDeadline||15 June 2009 GoogleCal iCal|
|15 June 2009 (via Online or Must be Received)|
|Eligibility||Professionals and Students graduating within 2009 in the subjects related to the urban and architectural development|
A Creative Hub can be defined as a space that induces Creative Thinking, which is a combination of creativity, curiosity and communication. A place, real or virtual, where designers meet ordinary people to bring creative influences and creative acts.
A Creative Hub has the ambition to create and enhance every local resource that can attract creative brains in a specific territory. In today’s scenario, every global city is competing with each other to build creative hubs, which are also architectural masterpieces, developed according to local needs of region. But real needs are difficult to be identified and they change from region to region.
Urban Vision and Architectural Design Department would like to test tour talent and urban vision skills with an experimental contemporary subject. Candidates are requested to submit a design project for a Creative Hub that meets the need of the selected area, explaining the reasons of their choice and the functional programme identified.
Gianandrea Barreca (Director Urban Vision and Architectural Design department)
Stefano Boeri (Architect Boeri Studio)
Renato Galliano (Director Milano Metropoli)
Claudia Zanfi (Director MAST)
- 1 scholarship covering 70% of the total tuition fee for Domus Academy Master in Urban Vision and Architectural Design (Euro 17.000 + VAT 20% for non EU citizens; Euro 14.000 + VAT 20% for EU citizens)
- 1 scholarship covering 50% of the total tuition fee for same as above
- 1 scholarship covering 30% of the total tuition fee for same as above
(The above conditions are intended only for the Academic Year 2009-2010 (November 2009-November 2010).)
- Short written description of the project in A4 (max 2 pages)
- Boards of project in A3 format (max 3 boards)
- Statement of purpose (max 5 lines) in A4
‘Defining a CREATIVE HUB’
Via Watt 27 – 20143 Milan, Italy
Candidates will be informed about the result of the competition via e-mail on July 6th, 2009.