26 social housing dwellings
Solinas Verd Arquitectos
Elm Park Low Energy Mixed-Use Development
Bucholz McEvoy Architects
Alternative Economy City In The Ex Slaughterhouse In Rome
Elemental Iquique Expanded House
High school building in Dano
Spanish Pavilion for Expo Zaragoza 2008
Mangado & Asociados.S.L.
• VIVA / CMIA Science Museum inN Bragança
• New primary school in Laion-Novale
• Rijkswaterstaat Zeeland (Dutch Directorate-General of Public Works and Water Management)
• Cork House
• zeroemmissionfactory SOLVIS GmbH
• ETH e-Science Lab, Neubau HIT
• 9 row houses for young people
• EWHA WOMANS University Campus Centre
• La cuna, Casa de playa
• Culture Bunker, East Harbour
• The New CSOB Group Headquarters
• World Wildlife Fund Dutch Headquarters
• Thermal power stations
Winners ex aequo
S_M_L Residential Building in Malaysia
Andrea Brivio, Davide Conti, Fabio Galli
Live in Paris: high density residential project
Valentino Lucchini, Thomas Lepore, Nicola Losi
Environmental innovation of cultural places: new requirements of sustainability performances for library
May-Habar school complex
• The path through the park
• Urban sustainable transformation strategy
• Living the bricks factories, proposal for reconverting an industrial archaeology
• Living at the Valencia Harbour: high energy efficiency patio houses
• The mobile office. A research on the modular, contemporary, and eco-friendly architecture
|Category||Award / Competition Result|
|Type||International, Award, Open, Single-Stage, Onymous|
|RegDeadline||31 December 2008 GoogleCal iCal|
|31 January 2009 (Must be Postmarked) GoogleCal|
|Target Field||The project realized and implemented within the past five years, the Degree Thesis in the last 2 years|
It is a way of spreading a new culture in the building sector with the twofold aim of creating a new and exclusive meeting point for professionals of the sector as well as making the work of planners and builders well-known, a work resulting from their continuous search for the best balance between the human being and the environment. This initiative, which has been promoted by Fassa Bortolo - a leading company in the production of premixed plasters - and the Architecture Faculty of the University of Ferrara, aims at stimulating innovative solutions in the sector of bio-architecture. The prize will be awarded each year and is devoted to professionals and groups of architects and engineers who have implemented projects of sustainable architecture in the past five years. Furthermore the edition 2007 of the Prize also includes a section devoted to neo-graduates , who can participate with their Degree Thesis.
The jury will be made up of:
- a Chairman
- two architects famous in this sector;
- a Prof. Arch. of the Architecture Faculty of the University of Ferrara;
- a secretary.
Works realized by professionals
- An award to the Winner of the “Sustainable Architecture” Prize amounting to Euro 5,000.00.
- Two awards for the Special Mentions amounting to Euro 2,500.00 each.
Projects drawn up for the Degree Thesis
- An award to the Winner of the “Sustainable Architecture” Prize amounting to Euro 4,000.00.
- Two awards for the Special Mentions amounting to Euro 2,000.00 each.
Works realized by professionals:
2 tables in A1 format (a brief curriculum vitae (max. 1,500 characters), a report (max. 3,000 characters), plans etc.) and minimum 5 high-quality pictures
Projects drawn up for the Degree Thesis:
2 tables in A1 format (a brief curriculum vitae (max. 1,500 characters), a report (max. 3,000 characters), plans etc.) and minimum 5 high-quality pictures or pictures of the plastic model
Italian and English
Information of the results of the selection: by May 2009