|Category||Award / Open to Students / Competition Result|
|Type||International, Award, Open, Single-Stage, Onymous|
|RegDeadline||9 Dicember 2020 GoogleCal iCal|
|9 Dicember 2020 (via Online)|
|Eligibility||Candidacies to the Award (also for the Special Award in the case all requirements are met) can be submitted by single participants or by groups that have discussed a "thesis" within the last five years, after completing their studies with a University Deg|
The International Architectural Restoration Prize entitled "Fassa Bortolo Domus Restoration and Preservation", conceived and promoted since 2010 by Fassa S.p.A. owner of the "Fassa Bortolo" brand, and by the Ferrara University - Department of Architecture in occasion of the celebration of its twentieth anniversary, was established for the purpose of rewarding and promote to the general public architectural restoration works that best managed to interpret preservation principles shared by the scientific community, also resorting to contemporary forms of expression.
The prize is held annually and is divided into two sections, alternating every other year:
- "Built Projects" section: designers from both the private and public sectors, and restoration companies that completed the works will be awarded with Gold and Silver medals;
- "Undergraduate, Graduate, Master, PhD, and Graduate School Theses" section: Gold and Silver medals will be appointed to candidates whose projects will be considered by the jury to be award-worthy for specific aspects.
For the Eighth Edition, in 2020, the competing category will be "Undergraduate, Graduate, Master, PhD, and Graduate School Theses".
Starting from this year, the Special Award "Domus Restoration and Conservation-Digital BIM Technologies" is added to the initiative (this section is dedicated to those theses that exploit digital innovations and in particular BIM during the analysis and project path), which is held at the same time in the same edition of the "Domus Restoration and Preservation" Award - Projects developed as thesis.
The Jury will be composed by:
- a Chairman, well-known expert in the field;
- two Architects, well-known expert in the field;
- one University Professor, well-known expert in the field;
- one Secretary
- a prize of Euros 3,000.00 (and a gold medal) to the winner of the "Undergraduate, Graduate, Master, PhD, and Graduate School Theses" section;
- two awards of Euros 2,000.00 each (and silver medals), to the runners-up of the "Undergraduate, Graduate, Master, PhD, and Graduate School Theses" section;
- a prize of Euros 1,000.00 to the winner of the Special Award "Domus Restoration and Conservation-Digital BIM Technologies"
Results announcement: March 2021
Fassa S.r.l. and the Ferrara University Department of Architecture