|Type||International, Project, Open, Three-Stage|
|RegDeadline||9 October 2015 GoogleCal iCal|
|9 November 2015 (via Online)|
Eastbourne Borough Council (UK) are inviting submissions to theircompetition to find iconic designs for bespoke beach huts which will build on the town’s quality visitor offer and enhance its reputation as a town
embracing culture and design, supplying the best in leisure, cultural and community facilities and providing a diverse and contemporary tourism offer.
Your beach hut design has to meet the following requirements:
- Size – 6 square metres floor space.
- Height – single storey maximum height of 3.5 metros
- No accessible void between base and hut
- Level access/threshold
- A minimum 1 metre should be allowed around all external walls for maintenance access and recreation area. This may be constructed from decking or other suitable material
- Design proposals should take into account an inclusive budget of up to £10,000 per hut
Guest Judge Alex Chinneck
Martin Jones, Senior Programme Manager – Regeneration, HEDP
Annie Wills Head of Tourism, Eastbourne Borough Council
Cllr Margaret Bannister Driving Devonshire Forward Steering Group representative
Design proposals should take into account a budget of up to £10,000 per hut.
No more than four A4 pages via pdf of max 10MB
The 12 longlisted entrants notified: by November 16th 2015
Second stage submission: by 14.00 GMT January 15th 2016
The eight shortlisted entrants notified: by January 25th 2016
Eastbourne Borough Council (EBC)