Patrick Morgan, Jhanéa Williams and Simon Morgan, USA
Christopher Knitt from University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, USA
|Category||Idea Competition / Open to Students / Competition Result|
|Type||International, Idea, Open, Two-Stage, Anonymous|
|28 February 2014 (via Online) GoogleCal|
|Eligibility||Design professionals, Architects, architecture/design graduates or architecture/design students|
The aim of this competition is to design a healthcare facility that is safe, secure and can be relocated with relative ease. It should contain at least the following;
- A clean sterile environment for small surgical procedures
- A temperature controlled space for storing medicinal drugs
- An area for nursing care and provision of information on wellbeing topics
- Basic wash, toilet and kitchen facilities
The design should have a sensitivity to the tropical surroundings and where possible provide a sustainable solution. The jury will be looking for projects that attempt to keep capital and maintenance costs low in order to increase the potential of multiple projects being realised.
Not yet announced
- Top prize: Building Trust will seek to find funding and planning for the winning project giving it the opportunity to influence the future of health care facilities in Asia.
- Honourable mentions: 9 designs will be selected by the judges that deserve mention for honourable merit.
- Top prize: $100
- Honourable mentions: 4 designs will be selected by the judges that deserve mention for honourable merit.
- Early Bird Registration: £75.00
- Standard Registration: £125.00 (after 10th January 2014)
- Early Bird Registration: £10
- Standard Registration: £25 (after 10th January 2014)
Up to 4 sheets at A2 format
Jury Evaluation: 1st March - 28th March 2014
Announcement of Winners: 31st March 2014
Building Trust International