The Jury’s verdict:
Prize I EUR 80,000- entry no. 117- identification number 84171358- 92 pt – Studio Architektoniczne „Kwadrat”, Gdynia; Poland.
Prize II EUR 50,000- entry no. 125- identification number 11092109- 79 pt –Piotr Płaskowicki & partnerzy Architekci; Warszawa; Poland.
Prize III EUR 30,000- entry no. 21- identification number 02122001- 75 pt – BETAPLAN S.A. ; Ateny; Greece.
Distinction I EUR 10,000- entry no. 11- identification number 10021002 - 70 pt-Ad Artis Emerla Jagiełłowicz Wojda Spółka Jawna; Kraków; Poland.
Distinction II EUR 10,000- entry no. 31- identification number 81100611- 68 pt„DIZARH” Ltd.; Varna, Bulgaria.
Distinction III EUR 10,000- entry no. 36- identification number 34179025- 65 pt Selim Velioglu; Bagdad; Turkey.
Distinction IV EUR 10,000- entry no. 124- identification number 74745847- 64 pt„Domino” Grupa Architektoniczna Wojciech Dunaj – Szczecin, Poland.
The Jury has also decided to award 8 honorary mentions to the entries with the following numbers:
- no. 1- identification number 58571012 - Max Rieder Ziviltechniker GMBH & Architekt Wagner ZT GMBH; Austria.
- no. 26- identification number 02041970 - Perumal Pedavoli PTY LTD; Australia.
- no. 32- identification number 30118600- Kimmel Eshkolot Architects Ltd.; Israel.
- no. 49- identification number 24072009- Hago-Architekci, Gdynia; Poland.
- no. 50- identification number 20090629- PPW Fort, sp. zo.o.; Gdańsk, Poland.
- no. 51- identification number 01747677- Partnerstwo Art. Rays; Bulgaria.
- no. 76- identification number 19390445 - Spółka Projektēšanas birojs ARHIS, Latvia.
- no. 78- identification number 10041004 - JKMM Architects; Finland.
|Category||Project Competition / Competition Result|
|Type||International, Project/RfQ, Restricted, Two-Stage, Anonymous|
|RegDeadline||26 March 2010 GoogleCal iCal|
|26 March 2010|
|Eligibility||Licenced architect who have over the last five years or in their history, if shorter than five years, produced at least one building and construction design of a public edifice no smaller than 2,000 sq.m. in area and its accompanying appurtenances, and th|
Purpose, Object, and Objectives of the Competition
- The purpose of this Competition is to arrive at the architectural concept of the building to house the Museum of the Second World War in Gdańsk, appended with the site landscape design, that will be best in terms of its city-planning, architectural, functional, aesthetic, and operational aspects, and recognise the site’s nature, status, and location, and to obtain recommendations from the Competition Jury with respect to awarding the public contract to the winner of the Competition.
- The object of the Competition study is to create the architectural conceptual design of the Museum of the Second World War in Gdańsk based on the assumptions of its programme and the functional and spatial guidelines, enclosed within the borderlines of the area the Competition concerns.
- The objective of the Competition is to identify and select the best study meeting the conditions of the Competition, and to award the prize to the winning author or team of authors who shall then be invited to participate in the single-source procurement procedure aimed at awarding the public contract for the development of the building design documentation appended with the site landscape design and the comprehensive construction design.
Wiesław Bielawski- chairman
Grzegorz Buczek - juror - scrutinizer
Wiesław Czabański - juror - scrutinizer
EUR 200,000 total
Winners: EUR 80,000 + Public contract (for detail see regulation)
CVs, Portfolio, etc.
Notification of Qualification for Participation in the Competition: 6 April 2010
Submission of the Competition Entries: 13 August 2010
Resolution of the Competition, publication of the Competition results: 1 September 2010
Museum of the Second World War in Gdańsk