|Category||Idea Competition / Open to Students|
|Type||International, Idea, Open, Single-Stage, Anonymous|
|RegDeadline||18 February 2013 (See "Entry Fee" below) GoogleCal iCal|
|22 February 2013 (via Online) GoogleCal|
The aim of this International Competition is to design a New Prison afloat the Pacific Ocean, using an oil Platform as a reference structure. The design of this new Platform will include all the facilities a prison may need including cells, exercise yard, etc.. with a design that still facilitates human rights within the deemed confinement.
The architecture of this new building should reflect contemporary design tendencies, standing out for its uniqueness as a prison.
This competition hopes to achieve the following:
- To investgate new direction and functionality of incarceration including methods of confinement.
- To generate the discussion of ideas regarding the ambiguous role of architecture in relation to the punishment of imprisonment.
- Research, respond to and highlight the unique aspects of designing a highly functional piece of architecture with an economic and safety advantages for all.
- Encourage and reward design excellence on a large scale, which integrates function, structure, details, etc within an Ocean environment.
- Encourage the employment of sustainable design in all aspects of the proposal.
Not yet announced
1st PRIZE: US$ 3,500
2nd PRIZE: US$ 1,700
3rd PRIZE: US$ 800
There will also be 7 honorable mentions.
Early Bird Registration: US$ 80 from 08th November to 20th December 2012
Late Registration: US$ 120 from 21st December 2012 to 18th February 2013
A single (1) board horizontal digital image (3500 width x 2600 height (pixels))
Jury Evaluation: 27th February - 06th March 2013
Announcement of Winners and Publication at www.ac-ca.org: 08th March 2013