The competition drew 202 teams and 850 team members from more than 20 countries and five continents.
AGENCY architecture LLC, USA
Ersela Kripa, Stephen Mueller
Thread Collective and TheGreenest.Net, USA
Gita Nandan, Elliott Maltby, Mark Mancuso and Derek Denckla
Nilsson Thuring Architects (NTA), Sweden
Magnus Nilsson, Henrik Thuring
Handel Architects with Rachel Kangas and Abbe Futterman, USA
Michael Arad, Rachel Kangas, Abbe Futterman, Cristobal Canas
University of Toronto, Canada
Drew Adams, Fadi Masoud, Karen May, Denise C. Pinto, Jameson Skaife
|Category||Idea Competition / Open to Students / Competition Result|
|Type||International, Idea, Open, Single-Stage, Anonymous|
|RegDeadline||31 March 2010 GoogleCal iCal|
|30 April 2010 (via Online) GoogleCal|
|Eligibility||Professionals and students of all fields|
• How can we break the American love affair with the suburban lawn?
• Can green houses be incorporated in skyscrapers?
• What are the urban design strategies for food production in cities?
• Can food grow on rooftops, parking lots, building facades?
• What is required to remove foreclosure signs on lawns and convert them to gardens?
Margaret Crawford, Ph.D.
Dickson Despommier, Ph.D.
DJ Spooky, AKA Paul D. Miller
William J. Mitchell
Ben Schwegler, Ph.D.
Cameron Sinclair + Kate Stohr
Five finalists: year-long exposure on the competition website
$150 per professional team (including college students)
Single PDF file no larger than 10MB
Finalists announced: May 31, 2010
Award Ceremony and Web Symposium; Exhibition launched: June, 2010