|Category||Idea Competition / Open to Students|
|Type||International, Idea, Open, Two-Stage, Anonymous|
|RegDeadline||16 March 2012 GoogleCal iCal|
|16 March 2012 (via Online)|
Passive House Bulgaria challenges the architectural community to design a schematic design proposal for an affordable, low energy, single-family houses, focus the public attention to this new type of energy efficient buildings, and promote the design and construction of Passive Houses in Bulgaria. Designs should demonstrate that the passive houses can be affordable and beautiful.
László Szekér (one of the founders of the Hungary Green Building Council and founding Vice President of the Hungarian Association of Passive House Builders)
Darren O’Gorman (a managing director at Target Zero Group and Co- founder of The Institute of Passive House Training in Dublin, Ireland)
Kristen Simmons (an architect, one the founders of Passive House New England)
Anders V. Sonnichsen (an architect and a passive house designer from Copenhagen, Denmark)
Sayo Okada (LEED AP BD+C - Boston-based Designer, Passive House Consultant, in training
Secondary Thesis Advisor at Wentworth Institute of Technology, Member of Passive House New England)
Dipl.Arch. Guergana Barabonkova (co-founder of the Passive House Bulgaria)
Svetlin Dobrevski (o-founder and manager of the Passive House Bulgaria, ecologist, financier, and a builder)
Katya Hristova (a designer and a sustainable advocate)
First Place: 1500 BGN
- Entries must be taken through completion of schematic design.
- A narrative in English of between 1000 and 1250 words describing the idea and the concept of the design.
- Plans, building section, and elevations (2D)
- Typical vertical section/detail showing the building materials
- 3D models
- 2 Presentation Boards, A1 poster size 300 dpi (594х841мм) / (24”x36”)
- Building Metric sheet – Excel file. PHPP calculations are not required with the submission.
- Diagrams explaining the design approach (optional)
- Video, explaining the design approach (optional)
The total number of images cannot exceed 15. The max sizefile for upload 10MB, quality standard from 150 to 300 dpi.
Announcing the ten projects (finalists): April 9, 2012
Official announcement of the decision of the jury (Project Winner): April 16, 2012
Passive House Bulgaria