|Type||International, Idea, Open, Single-Stage|
|RegDeadline||18 March 2019 GoogleCal iCal|
|17 June 2019 (via Online) GoogleCal|
TSEZ (Tripoli Special Economic Zone) intends to organize a competition for the design of the “Knowledge and Innovation Center”, a business and innovation park in Tripoli, Lebanon.
This international architectural design project competition is managed by the Lebanese Federation of Engineers and Architects and endorsed by the Union of International Architects and supported by Union of Mediterranean Architects (UMAR).
This “Call for Participation” is issued as an open invitation to international and local Architecture & Urban Design firms, to participate in this competition; which will be conducted according to the rules and regulations of the UNECO and the UIA.
This competition is to provide an urban and architectural concept for the “Knowledge and Innovation Center” including:
i. Master Plan for approximately 60,000 sq. m. of Built Up Area (BUA), including:
a. Phase-1: BUA of approx. 30,000 sqm
b. Phase-2: BUA of approx. 30,000 sqm
ii. Architectural design for Phase-1 only (for approx. 30,000 sq. m.)
– Raya Al Hassan, Minister of Interior, Former Chairperson TSEZ, Lebanon
– Jad Tabet, Head, Lebanese Federation of Engineers and Architects, Beirut, Lebanon
– Bassam Ziadeh, Head, Order of Engineers and Architect, Tripoli, Lebanon
– George Kunihiro, Architect, T-Life Environmental Lab, Past President ARCASIA, Japan (UIA representative)
– Antonio Raffaele Riverso, Former UIA Region I Vice President, Italy (UMAR Representative)
– Francesco Bandarin, Former Director of World Heritage Centre and Former Assistant Director General for Culture at UNESCO, Italy
– Ana Tostoes, Chair, Docomomo International, Portugal
– Fares Dahdah, Director of the Humanities Research Center at Rice University, member of Fundação Oscar Niemeyer Board, USA
– Suha Ozkan, Former Secretary General of the Aga Khan Award for Architecture, Turkey
– Amale Andraos, Dean, Columbia Graduate School of Architecture, USA, and advisor to the Chairperson
– Gustavo Utrabo, Architect, Aleph Zero, Brazil
1st Prize: 60,000 USD
2nd Prize: 30,000 USD
3rd Prize: 15,000 USD
Additionally, honourable mentions could be conferred on works of exceptional merit in a specific area of innovation or creativity.
Announcement of Winners: 28 June 2019
Awards Ceremony: 5 July 2019
Exhibition: 5 – 7 July 2019
Tripoli Special Economic Zone
The Republic of Lebanon