|Category||Idea Competition / Open to Students|
|Type||International, Idea, Age Restriction , Single-Stage|
|RegDeadline||26 February 2017 GoogleCal iCal|
|26 February 2017 (via Online)|
|Eligibility||Students and young professionals born after 1st March 1988|
This competition is designed to identify innovative thinking and innovative solutions to problems, featuring construction projects capable of concrete realisation which use textiles or textilereinforced materials. A further aim is to encourage students and new entrants to the professions. The competition is further intended to strengthen contacts between the younger generation, the universities, the technical-textiles industry and broad sections of the building industry.
The assignment for students and young professionals participating in the ‘Textiles Structures for New Building 2017’ contest which will be presented at Techtextil 2017 is to create solutions in the following areas of textile building.
- Structural engineering – from construction using textile-reinforced concrete or plastics to construction using membranes for permanent and temporary, adaptable and mobile buildings
- Interior construction – including such developments as the use of polymer fibre-optic cables for light transmission, textile air-channel systems for draught-free air conditioning in rooms, movable sound-insulation walls in production facilities, etc.
- Product design for architecture
- An additional focal theme has also been included: 'Suitability for re-use and recycling'
- Civil and industrial engineering
The chairman of the jury will be Prof. Dr. Dr. E.h. Dr. h.c. Werner Sobek.
The prize money (€ 8,000) will be divided according to the decision of the jury.
- Material innovation
- Environment and ecology
- Composites and hybrid structures
In March 2017, our jury of experts will select the winning projects to be exhibited in Frankfurt from 9 to 12 May 2017 from among the eligible projects.
International Trade Fair for Technical Textiles and Nonwovens