|Category||Idea Competition / Open to Students|
|Type||International, Idea, Students, Two-Stage|
|RegDeadline||15 May 2009 GoogleCal iCal|
|31 July 2009 (via Online) GoogleCal|
|Eligibility||Undergraduate and graduate students at all levels of higher education in all countries of the world|
Responses will need to demonstrate:
- Multi-disciplinary approach, reflecting physical, social and organisational issues that affect the site
- Clear analysis of pressures and problems facing the selected site within its urban context
- Clear articulation of what the site needs to develop as a sustainable, enduring part of the urban fabric
- Innovative approaches to tackling urban challenges
- Relative degree of impact & deliverability
- Creative approaches to delivering urban solutions
The semi-finalists will be selected by a judging panel comprising representatives from EDAW and the Architecture Review.
The top 10 Entrants will receive special mention on the competition website. Four semi-finalists will be invited to present their work to the final judging panel at the World Architecture Festival.
The winning team will be determined by the final judging panel at the World Architecture Festival, comprising of international practitioners within and beyond EDAW.
Each of the four semi-finalist teams will receive an honorarium to contribute to travel expenses related to attending the World Architecture Festival in Barcelona to present the team's submission. The semi-finalist honoraria are to contribute to expenses related to attendance and presentation at the World Architecture Festival only and cannot be exchanged for other prize. In addition, each team will receive US$500 to contribute to additional costs. No other costs or fees will be covered by EDAW or the sponsors.
The winning team (or teams) will receive a cash prize. The total prize money is valued at US$20,000, which may be divided amongst one or more winning team.
Decisions made by the judging panel shall be final.
Two A0 PDF files
Announcement of the Semi-finalists: 1 September 2009
Announcement of the Winner: 6 November 2009